National City, San Diego County
San Diego to Imperial Valley area, San Diego County region
National City had been incorporated for more than ten years before the city initiated a library in 1898, perhaps around the nucleus of an 1895 library attributed to Frank Kimball. A Carnegie grant of $10,000 was obtained in 1909. The architect W.S. Hebbard designed the building in the Classical Revival style. The building was dedicated January 13, 1911 and was demolished in 1955.