Los Gatos, Santa Clara County
Monterey to San Francisco area, San Francisco Bay Area region
The Los Gatos Board of Trade started the town's earliest library in 1898. The Carnegie grant was received on October 17,1901 and the building opened in September 1903. The architects Dolliver and Sawyer designed the building in the Mission/Spanish Colonial Revival style. The builder was Williams. In 1906, Carnegie granted an additional $400 to repair damage sustained in the earthquake. It was demolished in 1954 after being condemned as unsafe.