Azusa, Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County area, Los Angeles County region
The present Azusa City Hall occupies the site of the original Carnegie Library at 213 E. Foothill Blvd. at the corner of Foothill Blvd. and Azusa Avenue. Azusa's library history dates from an 1887 library association formed by citizens. Carnegie funding of $10,000 was granted in 1908 and additional funding and land was contributed by the city of Azusa. Norman Marsh designed the Classical Revival building. A wing added in 1928 allowed the building to be shared with city offices until 1959 when a new library was built behind the old and the old was replaced by the new City Hall. A watercolor, pencil, and colored pencil elevation study of the library was displayed at the 1985 Cooper-Hewitt Museum Carnegie Library exhibit in New York city.